By Kitchen Vixen, Eliza Glaister
In honor of this upcoming holiday season, Vixely’s Kitchen Vixen put together one of her favorite Thanksgiving recipes Maple Bacon Pumpkin Pie. Check out the recipe below and you can also be that fist pumpkin babe serving pie with a side of bacon in three easy steps! Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1 1/4 oz. tin of pumpkin pie mix
- 3/4 cups of condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 pieces of bacon
- 1 ready-made pie crust
1. Make the bacon. Set the oven to 400 degrees and place bacon on a sheet tray with tin foil or parchment paper. place in oven and watch it carefully as bacon will burn quickly. Once it starts to crisp begin basting it with Maple syrup with a pastry brush continue to do this until the bacon is perfectly crispy and glazed. Remove it from the foil as it will stick when it cools and set aside.
2. Now the pumpkin pie, follow the instructions on the back of the already made pumpkin pie mix; which is whisk eggs and mix the condensed milk with the filling. pour it into the pie crust. lower the oven to 350 and cook for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the pie to cool at room temperature.
3. Last but not least place the maple bacon either crumbled or you can get fancy and make a design with it. Serve and enjoy!!!