This past weekend, Vixely partook in some serious dancing during the first weekend of Coachella 2012. It appears to be rather difficult to even begin to put words together to describe what went down in the desert yet we thought we would attempt by picking our top 10 “Coachiracles” (Coachella miracles). It just so happens that one of our amazing friends, Michael Clifford, is a truly talented photographer and documented such twinkling magic moments. If you happen to be heading to weekend 2 tomorrow we wish you a happy Coachella and hope you dance your face off for us!
1. Tupac resurrected from his still unsure death via hologram and performed “2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted” and “Hail Mary” with Snoop Dog, appropriately named the Dogfather, with guests that included Dr. Dre, Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent and Eminem. And now we can officially say, California knows how to party.
2. Being blinded, momentarily, by Swedish House Mafia’s world record breaking laser show.
3. Justice killing it as always, yet this time, dancing to the franco-dj set in a palm tree lit polo field really turned it up to a dix. Allez les bleu.
3. Santigold making us realize why dancing in the desert sun is just so, so, so fun.
4. Rhianna singing “We Found Love” at Calvin Harris, while Katy Perry held her hand.
5. The Rapture getting crazy with the cowbell followed by M83.
6. Post dancing around a pool to LCD Sound System with Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson at the Lacoste Live Party, Jared Leto not only flashed us the peace sign but then said even said “hi” to us later on at the festival, “Hey Jared.”
7. Alesso made us not even feel the cold-chella chill in the air by being ah-mazing.
8. Dada Life proving that the Sahara Tent is THE PLACE TO BE.
9. SBTRKT surprising us with everything.
10. Hearing David Guetta really say the words, “It’s David Guetta, b*tch”… Yeahhhh, I mean really?!